STRUCTURE FIRE, 11/12/2018, at about 11:39 a.m. Chelan Fire and Rescue’s Chief 701, 703, Engine 71, Tender 71, Tender 74 and Medic 3171 responded to a 911 report of a laundry room fire in a structure at 257 Oliver Lane. First unit on scene reported a 25’ x 50’ single story family residence structure with light smoke coming from the A/D corner. Chief 701 made contact with the occupant and found a room and content fire that had been knocked down by the quick actions of the occupant using a garden hose. Engine 71’s crew was directed to finish the extinguishment, overhaul the fire area and check for extension. Fire and smoke damage was limited to the laundry room, adjacent bathroom and personal contents contained in both areas. Fire was out 14 minutes and 9 seconds from the time of the 911 call. Cause of the fire was combustibles stacked to close to a wall heater.
PO Box 1317 / 232 E Wapato Ave
Chelan, WA 98816