08-08-2017 Chelan County designates Fire Hazard as EXTREME
Chelan County Resolution 2017-70 Fire Hazards
Burn Ban in Effect as of June 1, 2017 through September 30, 2017
- Burning yard waste, such as leaves, grass, brush and other yard trimmings is prohibited.
- Burning to clear land of trees, stumps, shrubbery, or other natural vegetation is prohibited.
- Residents may still have campfires so long as the fire is in an approved pit or area.
- Restricted open flame devices, meaning using devices liable to start a fire in moderate fire hazard areas
- Portable fireplaces are allowed so long as they’re on noncombustible surfaces and burn only natural wood products.
- Moderate travel restrictions are also in effect, meaning motorists can’t operate vehicles off the roadway.
Chelan County Code: Fire Hazard code chp7.52
The link below will provide WAC 173-425-050 which is in regards to Other prohibitions/requirements that apply to all outdoor burning.
Washington State Department of Ecology: www.ecy.wa.gov/
Washington State Department of Natural Resources: http://www.dnr.wa.gov/OutdoorBurning