Chelan Fire 7 Association and Auxiliary Committee
Auxiliary Activities and Events
The Association and Auxiliary Committee coordinate and participate in several local events throughout the year. Some of these events are repeated annually, while others are held as occasion and need arise.
List of Events:
- Local Parades – Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day Parades, featuring our restored 1958 GMC Chelan Parade Truck as well as everyone’s favorite firedog mascot, “Sparky”.
- Pancake Breakfast (June) – held annually, this community breakfast takes place on the first Saturday in June at the main Chelan Fire Station. The Firefighters Association hosts, cooks and serves breakfast for all, with $5.00 donation suggested. All funds raised go the Firefighters Association general fund.
- Thursday Evening Farmer’s Markets – Summer evenings opportunity to offer our Volunteer T-shirts and Hats, along with community related Fire District handouts, educational materials and fun kids activities.
- District Station Open Houses – sponsored by the Firefighters Association, these Open House events are held at different Chelan fire stations to help with community awareness, familiarity with the various stations, and provide education opportunities and activities.
- Mahogany and Merlot (Oct) – booth set up with another opportunity to offer our T-shirts and Hats, along with community related Fire District handouts, educational materials and fun kids activities.
- Halloween Evening – fun and favorite Halloween kickoff at the main Chelan Fire Station with candy and hot chocolate for all trick or treaters!
- Veteran’s Day Luncheon (November 11) – hosted by the Firefighters Association and local Firefighters Union members, this lunch is offered fee to all Veterans and First Responders, with $5.00 suggested donation to the rest of the community. All funds raised are donated back to the local Chelan VFW Post.
- Holiday Tree Lighting (last Sat Nov) – community kick-off to the Holiday season, in conjunction with Chelan’s Small Town Holiday Events
- District 7 Awards Banquet (January) – dinner and well-deserved awards for our amazing Chelan District 7 Firefighters!
- Winterfest (January) – in conjunction with Windermere Real Estate Chelan, we offer free S’mores and community related Fire District handouts, educational materials and fun kids activities.
- Firelight Gala – this is the Association’s major fundraising event, held alternate years in mid-February. Dinner, auctions, and dancing highlight the Gala, with all funds raised going to a special fund to be used exclusively for the Association’s charitable endeavors. More information about the Firelight Gala can be found on the “Fundraising” tab.